Monday 31 December 2018

Mon 31st Dec: Last day, new start

The shiba puppy didn't even have time for a name
I was looking forward all day to the coming couple of days off as I could feel I was coming down with a cold, something that very rarely happens so at least I chose the right time to be ill.  I would have stayed at home but had received a message that there were six baby pups at AFCD Pokfulam, and we were also picking up a new group from AFCD Sheung Shui too.  The latter included the in-demand shiba inu puppy so let me start by saying he has now been adopted, and thank you to everyone who offered him a home.  We have many smaller/medium-sized young puppies also waiting to be chosen, so for those who missed getting the shiba inu please consider another.  You can take another look at Suday's photos as a reminder
Puppy Adoption Day 30 December 2018 — at Whiskers N Paws (Hong Kong)

I suspect this will be second favourite of the new dogs
The new dogs were sent straight to Acorn for their health checks and vaccinations, and while that was happening two Ap Lei Chau dogs left the Homing Centre for new homes, or trials at least, creating a bit of space for the newcomers.  There two were poodle-cross siblings Chippy and Ducky, both from the same family and also from AFCD. 

Althought driver Ming was back at work today he wasn't available to take me to Pokfulam AFCD and I was in a hurry to get the pups and then go home, so I took a big suitcase-type dog carrier on wheels and set off in a taxi.  It was a bit of a surprise to see the puppies as although gorgeous, they were more like three months than one, and there were only five of them.  There was no way I could cram them in the dog carrier together, but luckily my cry for help was answered when Ming turned up in the van with some proper travel crates.  Given the large size of a couple of the litter I decided to surprise the Tai Po team with a Happy New Year gift, so these beautiful pups are now staying there.
It was already dark when the pups arrived at Tai Po

Please remember that our Homing Centres are open every single day of the year, no exceptions, so please make it worth the duty staff's time by going to meet the dogs and adopting.  What better way can there be to start 2019 than to save a life, especially now it's so cold and the dogs would love to snuggle in a warm and soft bed in a home of their own.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment