Monday 20 February 2017

Mon 20th Feb: Dallas and Cabo move to Tai Po

I had to go to AFCD today to take a newly surrendered dog for licensing, and while I was there I was told there was a litter of four puppies that were ready to go.  Of course I agreed to take them, especially as the other litter I was expecting from another AFCD Centre had apparently got suspected parvovirus and would therefore not be approved for rehoming.  The four I took are beautiful and very cute, although they have ringworm (fungal skin infection) so won't be at Whiskers N Paws for a while.

Edmund is the size of a chihuahua
The little dog I had with me for licensing is a very cute/funny boy which we are guessing is a cross between a pug and a chihuahua.  His name is now Edmund and he is (estimated) only a year old. He's available for adoption now, but although he's a very sweet and easy dog most of the time he did get quite upset when Dr Andy tried to check his ears so we would have to say he's not suitable for a home with young children.  Other than that little meltdown, Edmund was very happy to sit on my lap in the van and to be petted and handled, and he didn't even make a fuss when he was microchipped and rabies vaccinated.
Wigbert is now fully vaccinated and ready to start walking outside


I also took puppies Wigbert and Dylan to Acorn for their due vaccinations, as well as one of my Lamma dogs, Naomi, who had somehow ended up with the entire top of one foot skinned.  It was a horrible mess that I'd managed to bandage myself with my eyes closed (so I wouldn't have to look at the wound), but as I'd hoped would be the case Dr Andy said it would heal by itself (with antibiotics) so there wasn't much I could do other than cleaning.
Lamma dog Naomi


Sweet Dougal is waiting at Tai Po

After dropping the two pups off at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, big sized brothers Dallas and Cabo were packed up to send to Tai Po to join the only remaining Stanley Barracks puppy, Dougal.  Despite their young age they had already taken part in one of our education programmes which too place last Friday at Whiskers N Paws:

We were happy to welcome the Girl Scouts of America Troop 24 to our Junior Pet Lover Workshop last Friday. Huge thanks for the great help of volunteer teacher, Kimmy, and also the kisses given by puppy ambassadors Dallas and Cabo. They are such great teachers!
===
4-month-old puppies Dallas and Cabo are still looking for their forever home (can be separated). Please fill in the Adoption Questionnaire if you are interested.
http://hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/
===
Junior Pet Lover Workshop is specially designed to offer an opportunity for children aged between 5 -12 to learn about animal welfare, and to build a sense of responsibility in taking care of and protecting animals through various interactive activities, thereby helping them to develop a respectful attitude towards life. (Group application only)


No comments:

Post a Comment