Monday 11 May 2020

Mon 11th May: Creatures great and small

The chinchilla will be staying at Whiskers N Paws adoption centre
I just happened to be heading back from the supermarket in Cyberport when I got a message from AFCD Pokfulam asking if I could re-home a chinchilla that had been found abandoned, so being just a minute away I went to take a look.  At the same time I was messaging Whiskers N Paws to see if they could accommodate a chinchilla in their Small Animals adoption section, and while I was waiting for the reply I was told that the golden retriever that had been waiting for his release paperwork was now free to go.  I hadn't been expecting to be taking a dog out today, but the van was there and empty other than my shopping, so while the license was being prepared for now-Norton I was again busy messaging our Foster Coordinator Cindy to see if there was a foster home available for a ten year-old golden retriever.

Norton waited 2 months for his release paperwork
I got both "yes" replies a bit too late to be able to send either the chinchilla to Whiskers N Paws, or Norton to his foster home, so both will be heading off to their respective accommodation on Tuesday.

Curly is back at Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre
Things didn't work out for the standard poodle Curly in his trial home, not because of Curly himself but the resident toy poodle wasn't happy at all.   It's not a problem having such a sweet dog back at the Homing Centre but for his sake it would be nice to see him go to a new home sooner rather than later. To give an idea of his size there's a sweet photo of Curly and our staff member Zing sitting together, so you can clearly see he's not a small poodle.
Curly and Zing


We had some very happy news about foster doglet Julian as his adoption was confirmed today.  This wasn't just a regular adoption though, because a CT scan on Julian revealed that he has a permanent skull misalignment giving his head a funny shape, and also a propensity for nasal infection.  I'm wondering if he got squashed as a baby, but whatever the reason is he's a lucky boy because he has a forever home with someone who loves him very much.

2 comments: