Wednesday 2 November 2022

Weds 2nd Nov: T8 means work as usual

 With things back to normal now I can resume my blogging, with apologies for missing a day in case you noticed.  My internet signal resumed later in morning so I was at least able to get some work done, but as you all know the day was a write-off for many, although not our Homing Centre teams of course.  Not only is every day an adoption day at HKDR, but it's also a dog walking, cleaning, getting dogs to the vet and everything else day.


I received a surrender request for a young golden retriever, and I know there's going to be a lot of enquiries about him.  So please let me say right now that we won't consider small homes in busy areas, or any that can't provide adequate exercise for such a dog.  "K" just under three years old, and anyone interested should start by completing the questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/

The golden retriever is going to have no trouble finding a new home because of his breed, but there are others dogs that come to us on a regular basis who were unlucky to have been born without that designer tag that would guarantee a quick adoption.    I keep repeating myself, but these mixed-breeds are just as lovely, loyal, loving and deserving of a home as any others, and in most cases they're far hardier and healthier than the breeds who carry genetic faults and pass then down from generation to generation.  

Rag was just one of my many amazing dogs


I'm grateful to have lived with the most wonderful dogs, none of them purebreeds,  who because they were born at the wrong time of the year to be adopted ended up staying with me.  Every one of them had their own unique personality, and although many are no longer alive they will always be remembered.   

That's why the adoptions that take place at our Tai Po Homing Centre mean so much to me, and to all of the staff and volunteers who know and love the dogs staying there.  I'm happy to say that I'll be writing about some of those dogs over the next few days as they pack their bags and say goodbye, and for anyone who misses out on adopting the golden retriever, please remember that he's not the only dog that needs a new home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment