Monday 17 June 2019

Mon 17th June: A new venue for Saturday adoptions

Goodbye Gypsy-now-Gina, and thank you Terry
It was Gypsy's big day today as she left the Tai Po Homing Centre with our top adopter-volunteer Terry.  Now Gina, because Terry insists all of his dogs have human names, Gina-Gypsy is already loving her new life and home, living as she does with several other ex-HKDR seniors.  I've already told Gypsy-Gina's story so won't repeat myself, but I will say once again how happy I am that she has finally been adopted.  Thank you Terry.
Gorgeous 1 year-old terrier siblings

I took all of the new dogs and older puppies to AFCD for microchips and licensing, then everyone including the youngsters to Acorn for health checks and vaccinations.  I hadn't been able to get a proper look at them all before but now that we've met I have to say I'm in love again, both with the scruffy terrier siblings, a one year-old boy and girl, and three very small black and fluffy pups who have eyes specially designed to melt the hardest of hearts.  I don't know what they are in terms of breed because they are mixed, but I can say they'll be small-sized adults because they have short legs.
There are 2 boys and a girl like this


I suspect there's a mix of the "Freckles Family" in there somewhere, because the latest "Freckles" is a young male and I have licensed him as a Tibetan spaniel cross.  None of the dogs from this unknown source have licenses so it's up to me to give them a breed and a name when they get their rabies vaccinations.  Somewhere there's a group of small-sized dogs that have been interbreeding and producing litters of very sweet puppies but of no specific type.
This is an actual Tibetan spaniel
Poodle/terrier pup Pringle


We have an extra adoption event this coming weekend taking place at the WeWork space in Lan Kwai Fong on Saturday.  All of the new dogs and puppies will be there, as well as others like puppy Pringle, also one of my favourites.  I know it's a quiet time for people taking new dogs and puppies home due to the upcoming summer holidays, but there's such a huge choice right now that if you're thinking about adoption, just do it.  We can't know if there will be more of these types coming in from wherever it is that is sending them, and we can't hold any dogs for later adoption.  There'll be yummy eats from Mana Fast Slow Food available as well as the lovely dogs and puppies, so come along and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment