Friday 21 April 2017

Fri 21st April: Black skies and rainy days

Batman please show yourself!
My plans for the day were thwarted when it turned out that the van (or rather driver) wouldn't be available in the afternoon so I had to restrict myself to office-only duties.  As it turned out that may have been a good thing as the sky turned black and it was obvious a heavy downpour was imminent. Luckily I missed getting drenched, more by luck than timing, and was subsequently relieved that I hadn't taken any dogs out of AFCD as intended.  At least they stay dry there, even if not protected from the thunder.  I was thinking about Batman, still out there somewhere and no doubt very scared and hungry by now.
Patch and Lucy aren't related but they both need homes

My other thought when the weather's bad and it's coming up to the weekend is the Sunday puppy afternoon, but a quick check on the forecast is for a cloudy day but not heavy rain and I'll happily settle for that.  We'll be there anyway, but I don't want the older puppies to miss out on their games of chase and wrestling, both of which they love.

I know that at least one Tai Po dog will be leaving the Homing Centre, and I'm sure she'll be very grateful for a home where she'll be inside and dry.  No names yet, and not until the ink is dry on the Adoption Agreement, but volunteers will know who it is.

Ex-Stanley Barracks Bruno is lucky to have a foster home
Still, there are plenty of other dogs and puppies for the volunteers to walk, play with and cuddle, including the three newbies Bert, Ernie and Elmo, the latest ex-Stanley Barracks recruits.  We're hopefully making headway with getting these out-of-reach dogs trapped and desexed, with the person in charge at the PLO army camp agreeing to actively help.   We don't want the dogs to be sent to AFCD and end up at HKDR, we want them to stop having puppies on a regular basis so they can continue to live where they are.  Whoever is taking care of the dogs at the barracks is obviously doing a good job as all the puppies and adults are in good condition and very friendly to humans, but there are just too many of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment