Friday 12 October 2018

Fri 12th Oct: Trying to work and play

Some of the new Ap Lei Chau recruits (thanks to Harryn again for the photo)
I'm trying to keep up but it's hard when there's so much happening and I'm not paying full attention to either my "holiday" or work, and as always there is too much going on to be able to relax.

The two small dogs were picked up from AFCD Shatin in the morning, a pom and a schnauzer, and I have a feeling the schnauzer, who is now called Pixel, will quickly be chosen as he is still a young adult so please complete the Adoption Questionnaire on our website www.hongkongdogrescue.com if you are interested.

I'm still getting enquiries flooding in about the French bulldog, and I have to keep asking people to complete the questionnaire as a first step, so it would be lovely not to have to do that.  The current foster of Nibs is happy to hold on to him until the ideal home can be found so I'm not going to rush into any decisions and risk having him returned yet again.  I'm waiting for a family home where there are people around most of the time, no other dogs (or cats) and a good environment for a happy dog that loves to play but needs guidance, and preferably an adopter that understands the breed.  I could recommend our mixed breeds like Nattie, Frisbee and Jack to those who are looking for a medium- sized, young, sweet, happy, well-behaved and calm older puppy, but I will be ignored.
Frisbee is such a cute medium-sized boy
Frisbee, Nattie and Oyster (adopted) as younger pups

Of course the big day of the "Sarge'n'Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Gala" has arrived (well, on Saturday) and although I picked out what I was going to wear some time ago I have yet to try everything on to make sure it fits.  The theme is the Beatles album of a similar name to the gala event, but any Beatles-related costume will work.  I really enjoy seeing the guests arriving all dressed up, and it's part of the evening's fun.
Sarge'n'Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Gala 


The Silent Auction which is open to everyone has already got some pretty amazing bids, so take a look and see if there's anything you would like to buy.  Bidding will close towards the end of the event so you have all day to think about it, and please remember that this is also helping the dogs and HKDR.  Here's the link: https://hkdrgala2018.auction-bid.org/microsite/

No comments:

Post a Comment