Monday 24 April 2017

Mon 24th April: Then there was One

Happy or Jolly
I made my routine Monday visit to AFCD, this time taking out a very happy pair of older puppies, almost identical but with  slightly different ears.  They were so sweet that I called them Jolly and Happy, not my usual name types but it suited them.   They have gone to Tai Po to join the growing band of youngsters now staying there.
Jolly or Happy

It was also finally time to take out a dog that wasn't an obvious candidate but one that somehow made me want to save.  I had noticed that he seemed to have had a accident, either of birth or at a later date, which sent his toes off in a sideways direction on one front paw, but it doesn't bother him.  I'd spent the past few weeks taking treats every time I visited so that we  could become friends, but it's the kennel staff that I really rely on to let me know if a dog is friendly or not.  They are often so scared that breaking through the protective shell is impossible in that environment, and although this boy (now called Freddie) was never aggressive, he was uncommunicative and avoided any eye contact.  Anyway he's now at Tai Po and I'm sure the volunteers will work their magic on him, just as they have with so many other terrified and timid dogs.
Babies One, Two and Three in January

Two aka Jazz with ex-foster
I received confirmation from the trial home of puppy Two-aka-Jazz that she has totally won their hearts and will be staying, which wasn't entirely unexpected as she's a great little dog.  Now there is just One left out of the original trio, and she's staying at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre if anyone would like to meet her.
One on Sunday

Another one of our older puppies, Dylan, left the Homing Centre today to go off to a foster home and I also strongly suspect he may not be coming back.  Dylan is one of those puppies whose image as a baby has always stuck in my mind as he was such a cute and bold boy, always happy and so affectionate.  I feel a personal attachment to all of the puppies, which is why it means so much to me when they find homes - or not.
So typical of Dylan 

No comments:

Post a Comment