Saturday 26 October 2019

Sat 26th Oct: And yet more puppies on the way

Just when I'd come up with names for the six new puppies that arrived on Friday from AFCD Shatin, I received an email from AFCD Sheung Shui about yet more young puppies plus what they described as a mongrel, although the dog looks very much like a chihuahua to me.  They will be picked up on Monday so we'll be overflowing with little ones and seriously in need of homes or fosters. As always please complete the Adoption Questionnaire at www.hongkongdogrescue.com/adopt/adoption-questionnaire/ if you're interested in any of our dogs or puppies, or email Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com if you can help out with homes on a temporary basis.

I wasn't physically at the WeWork event in Central today although I was actively participating via remote control, that is, my phone. It's quite difficult to assess potential adopters this way and I tend to be over-cautious if anything, but I really want to be sure that adopters are serious about understanding the lifetime commitment when taking a dog or puppy home.  I hope that those who came along today with the intention of going home with a new family member will come back after they've had a talk and a think and still want to go ahead.  Here's the first set of photos of the WeWork afternoon by Rodger So  Puppy Adoption Day 26 October 2019 - Part One
Cracker's adoption completes this litter's story

Tuna's going home!
As it turned out two puppies didn't need to go back to her foster homes at the end of the afternoon and one was Tuna, leaving sister Guppy to attend Sunday's Whiskers N Paws afternoon on her own.  The other puppy was Cracker, the last of his litter to be adopted. I'll be at Whiskers N Paws in person of course, so I'll see you there if you're coming along.  It's also the Whiskers N Paws Halloween Party so I imagine the store will be quite busy inside, while we'll be out on the terrace.
Guppy looks nothing like her sister Tuna 

Sweet Google has her own family again
Back at our own Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre it was a going-home day for sweet poodle Google, who is now going to be called Maggie.  Google-Maggie isn't a young dog but I'm sure she'll have many years of healthy and active life ahead of her, just as the other small nine year-olds like Wesley and new poodle Dougal.  The mature dogs are perfect if you don't want to go through the training and chewing stages, and you're looking more for a companion who'll enjoy cuddles and watching TV with you.
Wesley is a very cute terrier type

No comments:

Post a Comment