Saturday 12 November 2016

Sat 12th Nov: It's Sophie's turn at last

Sophie is finally home
This was the surprise news I'd been holding onto not wanting to jinx the opportunity for Sophie and her new beginning, but it really did happen.  Even better is that if all works out as planned a second dog might be joining her at some point, but for now we are happy for it to be just Sophie's "Re-Birth Day".

Our new-ish pug recruit, Ivory, also left for a trial to see that she and the resident Frenchie got on, but I'm sure it will be fine as Ivory is such a sweet lady.
Ranger going home

Sister Grizzly joined already-adopted Theo and Milky
There was good, actually great, news from Tai Po too as Grizzly joined her siblings Theo and Milky in their recently-new home, Gaby's trial was confirmed as an adoption and Ranger went home for ever.  Can we have more of the same please.
Gaby (l) enjoying her new life

Sunday is finally Peak to Fong day, and as always there has been a last-minute mad scramble for ticket/T-shirts.  We did have a few left at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre (Beauty design only) and I have asked if any spares can be taken to the Peak, but at this point I don't know if that's going to be possible.  The logistics of setting up everything very early on Sunday morning is enough to make anyone go mad, so I don't want to add to the stress and frenzy.
Teabag is small than her brothers


I will be leaving home early after having totally fooled the dogs into thinking I wasn't really up at the crack of dawn, and there will be three young puppies joining me when I leave home heading for the Peak.  The other Lamma doglets, meaning the four from Stanley Barracks, will be sent over unaccompanied to be at Whiskers N Paws for the usual puppy afternoon, 2pm to 5pm.  I'll join them halfway through the session once I have completed my Peak to Fong stint so I can take any that are remaining back to Lamma, and while I hope that will mean nothing but empty crates I suppose it's an unrealistic dream.  Still, we have three confirmed adoptions for puppies taken home in the past couple of weeks so that's a pretty good way to start.
See you there as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment