Saturday 20 February 2016

Sat 20th Feb: Getting to grips with the new Blog

I'm working my way round this new blog site trying to find out how I can share posts on Facebook. I'll get there eventually, despite my very limited internet/computer knowledge.

My main concern is the lack of a website where the dogs can be showcased, and our broken down van.  We have identified the make and model of the one we want to buy to replace the current one that is languishing in the repair shop, so now all we need to do is to raise the money to buy, just over $300,000.  We're working on that.

There have been quite a few unexpected newcomers to our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre, including a couple of poodles and a very sweet Yorkie girl who was my latest rescue from AFCD.  I saw Tipsy by chance and asked to be able to take her out immediately because I could clearly see the mammary mass on her underside.  It's impossible to know her age because she had no microchip or license, as well as having no teeth.  She could have lost them early due to eating only soft food or she could be very old, but she has bright eyes that can see well and a spring to her step, so we guess she's ten to twelve years.  She'll have the mammary tumours removed of course, but she's available for adoption or fostering at any time.  She's a happy and friendly little dog, with a zest for life whatever her age is.

While a group of volunteers were once again manning our stand at the Pet Show (which will continue until 8pm on Sunday) and others were at the Tamar Waterfront Park with some of our Tai Po dogs,  I was getting ready for Sunday's puppy afternoon at Whiskers N Paws and keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.  A question I'm asked every week is what happens to those puppies that don't get adopted, and the answer is that they stay with us at HKDR, or more precisely with me on Lamma. That is why I'm so keen, bordering on desperate, to find all of the puppies good homes.

Please come along to meet our gorgeous candidates.  They need a home and I need them to find one.



No comments:

Post a Comment