Tuesday 7 November 2017

Tues 7th Nov: Goodbye to Jet and Paris

I stayed at home today as I will be at Tai Po on my usual Wednesday day off, so was able to observe the contractors doing the continuing repair work on the house -  which was as exciting as watching paint dry.  I gather this is the standard pace, with plenty of cigarette breaks as well as extra stops to pat the dogs.  Actually this makes me smile as there is one dog in particular, Lorna, who has taken a shine to one of the workmen, and the feeling is mutual.   In fact all of the dogs are very relaxed about having the men walking around, which is a great relief as I don't have to worry about potential bites.  Still I can't wait for the work to be finished so all of the dog houses can be moved back to their rightful places, as well as everything else.

Hoodies are $295 each
With the weather definitely much cooler now I wanted to remind you that we have our new hoodies available, and you can pick them up at either of the Homing Centres or at the many upcoming Christmas fairs that we'll be at.   These usually sell out quite fast so be sure to buy one while there's stock.

We are also starting to sell out of some of the Peak to Fong T-shirt sizes, and if your preferred size isn't available to order online you will have to check the various outlets that are selling tickets, or choose another size.  There is a limited number of ticker/T-shirts available and no more stock being held back.
Claim your free Disney T-shirt by raising just $800 sponsorship


Please also remember that there is another Disney T-shirt which you can win by raising just $800 in sponsorship for the Peak-to-Central walk, or even two Disney T-shirts for all amounts over $1500.   You can find details of everything on our website www.hongkongdogrescue.com if you need information about anything relating to Peak to Fong.

My older Lamma puppies Paris and Jet moved to Tai Po today, and I have such mixed feelings when this happens.  I know that from their point of view they love being on Lamma and having the freedom of being able to play on the beach and swim in the sea, but it won't find them a home.  They need to start their training and to get used to real life, as tough as that is.  I hope they become one of the lucky ones that get chosen, but I know many of the ex-Lamma puppies from many years ago are still waiting.  Of course it makes me sad but I can't keep them all.

Jet and Paris on Sunday, their last Whiskers N Paws visit

No comments:

Post a Comment