Tuesday 14 June 2016

Tues 14th June: Everything running smoothly

Sandy (with Margaret) has to wear a coat in summer too
I woke in the morning to find that my bedroom air conditioner had died, and I'm sure you can appreciate that replacing it was a matter of urgency.  Even little Sandy, who usually has to wear a coat because she finds the cool air just too cold, was panting with the heat.  As it happened everything today ran exceptionally smoothly, from catching a bus just as it was leaving to finding that it stopped right outside the hospital where I was making a second attempt at having blood taken.  Also, unlike yesterday when everyone was making things as difficult as possible, today it was easy and I was out and on my way to Ap Lei Chau very quickly.  Once I had finished what needed to done in the office my next stop was Aberdeen to buy a new air conditioner, which somehow I managed to get a large discount on without even much effort, and promised delivery for the next day as a special favour.  I can't wait!

Tansy at Acorn
Tansy, the new little peke with the corkscrew nails, was whisked off to Whiskers N Paws first thing for a de-stinking spa treatment and haircut, and was returned just in time to be taken away once again, but this time for a trial adoption.   What a great short story this has made, and hopefully I can write "The End" very soon.

Chance will soon be on his way to Canada


Another great story is about to come to an end as we're just waiting to ship three-legged Chance off to Canada to start his new life.  There's a human side to this particular adoption which is just as heartwarming as Chance's, and hopefully you will be reading it in the South China Morning Post very soon.  I don't want to say anything in advance and will look forward to sharing the article once it's been published.

I keep forgetting to mention that I have several red-eared slider turtles still waiting for homes.  I took them from AFCD at the end of last year and forgot about them when they went into hibernation for quite a few months during the winter.  In fact they didn't re-appear until May, since when they have been enjoying the rain and sun and lots of good turtle food.   If anyone can take one or more off my hands it would be appreciated.  Sizes range from medium to large and I can drop them off at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre almost any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment