Saturday 4 June 2016

Sat 4th June: Welcome respite

Murphy may be small but he's very heavy to carry
I don't know why Murphy decided to join me and the other dogs on the morning walk today, as he had stopped coming along when it got too hot and took himself off to the beach instead.  I heard him huffing and puffing behind me so took the track through the woods where it is always cooler than the sunlit path, but I still had to cut the walk short and carry him back home when it became clear he was struggling.  Luckily there was one concrete drain still full of water that I could drop Murphy into to cool off a bit, although standing there while he wallowed gratefully made me a easy target for biting insects.  I hope and suspect Murphy will go back to his beach routine until the summer is over, because carrying a wet and heavy lump isn't much fun for either of us, and I'm really afraid of him getting heatstroke.

Will this Sunday be a lucky one for best friends Fanta and Trixie?



The rain came later and I think everyone must have been happy about the respite from the heat, although I don't want it to rain on our Whiskers N Paws parade on Sunday.  I have too many puppies to show off and hopefully find homes for, even fosters as I mentioned yesterday, but we'll all be there whatever the weather.  You can take a look at the photos from last Sunday even if you don't have a Facebook account https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1203866676292729.1073742187.111369775542430&type=1&l=3642b37c16


No comments:

Post a Comment