Monday 4 September 2017

Mon 4th Sept: A total waste of a day

At least I got to cuddle Blinky today
If I'd known in advance that nothing would work out today I would have busied myself doing something useful, like shopping for something to wear to Saturday's "Diamond Dogs" Gala Dinner, but as it was I ended up completely wasting a whole day.  I'm always short of time so it was frustrating have to wait to hear about whether or not I needed to take a doglet over for an adoption interview (I got a negative much later in the day), then go to AFCD and leave empty handed (the puppy hadn't quite completed the obligatory four days), and to top it off to wait over an hour for a boat to take me back to Lamma.  So my week will re-start on Tuesday when I hope the hours will be rather more productive.

It's on Saturday!
With the Diamond Dogs Gala just a few days away we are still in need of general volunteers for the evening after quite a few late drop-outs, so if you are over 18 and can assist at the Aberdeen Marina Club venue please email rachel@hongkongdogrescue.com for details.  It's fun work and not arduous, and your help would be appreciated.

Also on the subject of the Diamond Dogs event, you are already able to view the auction list and make bids even if you won't be attending. Here's the link:
https://www.hkdr2017auction.com/lite-ui/#lots?category=All%20Lots

I've been receiving a lot of requests from students for volunteer work to complete their school projects, but we do have a strict 18+ age requirement for all volunteers.  In the early days we allowed students to help out but as the number of dogs at Tai Po increased and the fact that we don't have any spare manpower to oversee younger dog walkers, we had to stop accepting anyone under the minimum age. So my apologies to everyone who wants to do some volunteer work but isn't yet eighteen, but it's not possible.

Look at Burma's smile!
To end this entry on a happy note, here's a photo of Burma enjoying a real home for the first time.  I know this will make a lot of HKDR volunteers past and present smile, and once again thank you to everyone who adopts an older dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment