Monday 28 August 2017

Mon 28th Aug: A chaotic return to work

Rufus is in foster with my Lamma neighbours
The morning was total chaos as everyone seemed to be recovering from Sunday's second typhoon in a row, and when our driver went to collect the dogs from AFCD in Sheung Shui they weren't ready to leave. I had two doglets, Rufus and Jerry, waiting to go to Acorn for desexing, but with one thing or another I ended up taking them there myself by Gogovan.  
Sweet boy Jerry

That meant no walk again for my dogs until I got back, and by then we were all in need of some stress relief.  I don't know if the word "walk" is applicable, and maybe "clamber" might be more appropriate as there are trees down at regular intervals across the path and I can only take a few steps before having to negotiate the next obstacle.  The worst thing is that there's no way I can take Murphy along in his buggy now, and I'm not sure how I'm going to work round this problem.  He can manage half the walk but not the full route, so I use the buggy to push him on the flat section.  I'll need to come up with a solution because Murphy loves his walks, and it's good for him to exercise. 

The new Ap Lei Chau dogs
Our driver Sing went back to Sheung Shui later in the day to pick up the dogs once they were ready, and they are all now at our Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre except for the seven young puppies who came to Lamma, and the Neapolitan mastiff puppy who went to Tai Po.  He's really a big boy, but in good health surprisingly.   In fact there was nothing seriously wrong with any of the dogs, just the standard dirty ears and teeth and the fact that they all need desexing.
Big baby Luigi


While waiting for the puppies to arrive on Lamma I had to make preparations by repairing the damage done by the two typhoons, and that was mainly to replace the cover on the enclosure.  All of the mud and dirt that had been swept in by waves crashing over the wall had already been cleaned away, and I had just finished when the sampan arrived carrying the new recruits.  As they were lifted out of the crate one by one they were so happy, and after racing around for a minute or so they all headed for the newspaper that had been laid down and relieved themselves.  I have to say I was incredibly impressed, especially after they then all ate a huge meal before returning to the toilet area for a poo.  You can meet them at Whiskers N Paws on Sunday, and all of the other puppies too.  We are back to having a lot of young ones after a recent shortage, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a sunny and dry weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment