Sunday 12 May 2019

Sun 12th May: Two celebrations in one

Wallis 
With two big days today, namely Mother's Day and Buddha's Birthday, we didn't have too many visitors at Whiskers N Paws, although two puppies were taken for fostering with a view to adoption (Julia and Ernie) and a couple of others may be leaving during the week (fingers crossed).  Regular volunteer photographer Eric Tang got so many amazing shots of the puppies that it's hard to choose which ones I like best,  but it's probably those of my favourite sisters Wallis and Chelsea (because they remind me so much of my own boy Griffin).  See for yourself here Puppy Adoption Day 12 May 2019— at Whiskers N Paws

Puppy Griffin 













Perkins is the brother of Wallis and Chelsea

It was a good day at the Tai Po Homing Centre with three dogs leaving for trial adoptions, and I'm really hoping the Monday holiday will bring others to meet their potential new family members. and I'm pretty sure at least one will be leaving (no names yet as per usual).

Tibet wasn't an easy dog but he and Joe loved each other
Jumping slightly ahead of myself in terms of time, I'm both happy and sad to report that Tibet left us this morning in his own way and own time.  Although the donated oxygen box helped a lot with his breathing difficulties, his heart finally gave out before we were able to get him to a vet.  We had known he was living on borrowed time anyway, and it always feels right when death comes naturally.  I want to thank our long-term volunteer Joe, who has been Tibet's best friend for many years and who stayed with him until late last night.

1 comment:

  1. On a happy note, Wallis is a photocopy of Griffin! Same expression, same look!

    ReplyDelete