Friday 24 May 2019

Fri 24th May: New rules for surrender requests

I'm daring to feel a little bit excited about Saturday, as not only is it Summer Funday at the Pulse, 2pm to 7pm, https://www.facebook.com/events/848863648825686/?ti=ia but we have a few potential adoptions that are getting close to becoming a reality.  No names obviously, but hopefully there will be at least a couple of puppies that won't be at Whiskers N Paws on Sunday.  We're also sending some puppies to Saturday's event so you can meet our little comedians Dudley and Jenny, as well as others.
I think Dudley's going to enjoy the pool at the Pulse


Cooper the German shepherd has his tests done at Acorn today so now we're just waiting for the results which will confirm what the problem is.  He's really just a giant puppy himself and I can't wait for him to find a new home that will give him everything he deserves.
Giant puppy Cooper

I went to bed seething, which I know isn't good but I had just received an email from the owner of the Jack Russell puppy telling me that he had given her to a friend.  The handover to our adopter was scheduled for Saturday after I'd spent so many hours going back and forth with this man, as well as replying to adoption enquiries and trying to arrange meetings, and all the while receiving reasurances that whatever happened he wouldn't back out or pass the puppy to anyone else.  I know I kick myself regularly for believing what people say, but this is the very last time I will fall for this trick and from now on I will need to have the dog's license in my hand and changed to my name before I'll spend a single minute trying to do anything for these people who are so desperately begging for help.  As it happens the owner of the labrador did exactly the same thing, so if ever there was a message it's been received loud and clear.

(I was also unhappy because the new super-duper television I'd just bought to replace my old one stopped working after only two weeks so I couldn't even enjoy a relaxing with the dogs, something they enjoy even more than I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment