Wednesday 6 February 2019

Weds 6th Feb: Good news for the New Year

One of our healthy and tiny "Kitten Pups"
Some good news at last about our baby pups, as most of them seem to be improving and I even hope a couple can come back to the Homing Centre by Thursday.  As I mentioned in yesterday's post, one litter in particular seems to have been worst affected and unable to fight the virus, and that's probably a combination of genetics and the health of the mother before and just after giving birth.  These particular puppies were all very chubby and appeared to be strong and healthy when I took them from AFCD though, so it wasn't lack of food.  In fact it's the smallest litter who seem to be the toughest, so you really can't tell just by the way they look.

Swimmer the day I took him from AFCD 
There was further happy news from Tai Po with the message that Swimmer, also known as Water Boy, had been adopted.  This lovely young dog had been fished out of the water in the Aberdeen Typhoon Shelter after having fallen off a fishing boat, so he has had triple luck in being saved from drowning, taken out of AFCD kennels and now being chosen to join his new family.  The Year of the Pig has been a good one for Swimmer.

The latest Trudy (l) and Daffy in foster

I found out why I was suddenly getting enquiries for one of our "Red" dogs, Trudy.  It's because I had forgotten about her when I named one of the Tai Po puppies the same, and I couldn't understand why the small, black and nervous mixed breed who is at Ap Lei Chau would be anyone's choice, other than perhaps the volunteers that know her.   Luckily I was reminded in time that there was a pair of older puppies in foster, Daffy and Trudy, and a potential adopter met the young Trudy today and loved her.  I need new names for the dogs and puppies that come in, and have to remember to write down ideas when they pop into my head.
The Ap Lei Chau Trudy


For the past few days an anonymous troll has been posting comments on my blog, which I remove of course.  Inevitably not everyone likes or agrees with HKDR or how we work, and that's just life. However there are two things that will result in comments being deleted.  The first is if they are anonymous, and the second if they are malicious with intent to harm, as well as being blatantly untrue. For example yesterday's comment stated that I live in luxury on Lamma and have my own boat, so people shouldn't donate to support this type of lifestyle.

My luxurious home
I had to laugh at the thought of my home being luxurious, although the dogs probably think of it in that way, and as for having my own boat I wonder where I keep it?  I really very much doubt that anyone would choose to live the way that I do, even though I have to admit that on days off like these when the weather is perfect I can appreciate and enjoy island life.

2 comments:

  1. Is black trudy getting adopted or the white one? I am confused. Pardon my poor English

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Trudy looks beautiful. Maybe I'll get her one day in the future. She's a doll!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete