Wednesday 2 May 2018

Thurs 2nd May: Keeping it brief

I've been busy with emails and have just noticed I'm late to take the dogs out so will keep this post brief.  I'll be taking new puppies out of AFCD so will be needing foster homes (in pairs) as the pups are too young to be separated at this point. Please email Cindy at foster@hongkongdogrescue.com if you can help out until the pups are old enough to be adopted at around eight weeks of age.  I'd say they were around four weeks at the moment.

Suddenly it's summer for real, and I'm rather dreading the increasing heat and humidity.   The move to our new Ap Lei Chau Homing Centre starts on Thursday, although not for the dogs themselves quite yet, and I think everyone will be glad of the new air conditioning.  One thing I remembered that we do still need for the new place is a steam cleaner, as someone donated one of these which I use at my Lamma house and it's great for both cleaning and disinfecting without the use of chemicals, something that's obviously very important with so many dogs around.   If anyone has one that's not used, or wouldn't mind sponsoring the cost of a new steam cleaner, please let me know, thank you.

The dogs will move next week and that will be goodbye to 21 Main Street, so if you want to drop by after the 10th May you'll need to look for us at 5 Wai Fung Street.  I was looking for landmarks that would make it easy for first-time visitors, and Wai Fung Street is opposite the HSBC ATM machine on Main Street, and the very popular fast-Chinese food eatery (cheapest fresh noodles in Ap Lei Chau) on the corner.  The street is a cul-de-sac with a park at the end, and that's where you'll find us. Just look for the sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment