Friday 11 May 2018

Fri 11th May: Bringing back memories

Eva Sit and Eva Loo plus volunteers at the Deloitte offices today
I had a meeting today that lasted longer than anticipated so I was out of circulation for the afternoon. Meanwhile our two Eva's plus
volunteers, two and four-legged, made a visit to the offices of Deloitte in Pacific Place to talk about HKDR and adoption.  We're always happy to arrange such visits and appreciate the invitations to schools or offices, or any place where our time and efforts will result in helping the dogs.


We're all set for Saturday's big day trip to Lamma, and I'll be up and out early with my dogs so I can join the party.  It's been a long time since I enjoyed the spectacular open area that's now a YMCA Centre, and I'm sure it will bring back a lot of memories of the days when this was almost my own private paradise.  It's going to be quite a sight in Central at the Ferry Piers when the guests and their dogs line up to board the ferry that will transport everyone to the location, and I hope there will be lots of photos and videos to share later.  If you're one of the lucky participants, please make sure you clean up after your dog(s), both in Central and during the day, as these events are valuable in showing that our supporters are responsible owners.  It's going to be a lot of fun.
A still from the 2008 film "This Darling Life" taken at the Lamma site


We have a young shiba inu being surrendered on Saturday to our new Homing Centre location in Ap Lei Chau.   This is currently one of the most popular breeds, even though certainly not the easiest of dogs, and we don't recommend them for inexperienced families.  We were told this boy is being tormented by the human toddler and his constant banging on a drum, and I can't say I can blame the poor dog.
If you are interested in adopting this or any dog, please complete the Adoption Questionnaire on our website www.hongkongdogrescue.com (under Adopt).

No comments:

Post a Comment