Thursday 29 February 2024

Thurs 29th Feb: A strange couple of days, and yet more dogs arriving

 It's been the strangest couple of days, resulting in me not being able to reply to emails and questionnaires as quickly as I normally do.  In fact I make a point of answering almost immediately, otherwise the messages get lost in the subsequent torrent of emails that come in constantly.  

I had a dental appointment (for myself, not a dog) on Wednesday, so that took up most of my afternoon, and then a follow-up visit to the dentist today.  However two other things happened which turned everything upside down, the first of which was that the water supply in my village (and I think other parts of Lamma) was suddenly turned off without any notice on Wednesday, and was still off by Thursday evening.  I keep some barrels filled with emergency water, not really suitable for drinking but it did at least mean I could wash in a bucket and that the dogs didn't run out.  Things were getting pretty desperate though after a day and a half without a water supply, and no warning meant no preparation. 

The second thing that happened was that the weather suddenly turned, and although I had booked a sampan for after my dentist appointment, all sampans stopped operating in the afternoon.  That meant I just said hello to the dentist, followed by I'm sorry I have to go NOW, and ran to meet up with neighbours who had managed to find a speedboat to make the crossing.  At least I made it home, which was a huge relief, and by then the Water Department had sent some poor guys carrying boxes of bottled water across Lamma to distribute to the village.  A couple of hours later the water came back on.  


While I was busy myself on personal matters, new small dogs kept arriving at Kennedy Town, with more in the line waiting to come.  I'll include the photos I was sent in the hope we can have homes waiting, but we still have many that are already with us and available for adoption.  I can't give details such as age, but usually we can get an idea from the photos.  The two dogs that came in today were a poodle, a young male, and a senior small mixed breed, now Biffin and Boogie.
Incoming poodle 

Incoming mix 

 
Incoming schnauzer 

Incoming terrier mix 

Incoming French bulldog

The adoption total for February was thirty six, as shown below. :

Tai Po Homing Centre:

Daniel (Multibreed)
Doodle (Multibreed puppy)

Kennedy Town Homing Centre:
Julie (Multibreed)
Nolan (Terrier cross)
Cosmo (Poodle)
Jasper (Terrier cross)
Cooper (Multibreed)
Samantha (Poodle)
Kit (Poodle)
Kimmy (Pomeranian)
Minnie (Pomeranian)
Dizzy (Shiba Inu)
Scooby (Multibreed)
Woody (Poodle)
Wiggle (Poodle)
Jasper (Labradoodle)
Sammy (Westie cross puppy)
Speedy (Westie cross puppy)
Courgette (Corgi)
Fritz (Dachshund)
Mimi (French Bulldog)
Sarah (Poodle)
Ginger (Poodle)
Mouse (Maltese)

Whiskers N Paws
Lambert (Multibreed puppy)

Foster Homes
Irma (Alaskan Malamute)
Janet (Multibreed puppy)
Jasmine (Multibreed puppy)
Lollipop (Multibreed puppy)
Lance (Multibreed puppy)
Alice (Multibreed puppy)
Percy (Multibreed puppy)
Dawn (Multibreed)
Enzo (Multibreed puppy)
Merlin (Multibreed puppy)
Muffin (Multibreed puppy)

Our Forever Dogs
Soxy (Foster)
Arnie (Kennedy Town)
Madonna (Lamma)

Rescued Dogs (Total: 31)
From AFCD: 9
From other sources: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment